8 Port PoE switch plus 2 Gigabit Ports for CCTV use
Out of stock
8 port PoE switch with 8 ports PoE and 2 x Gigabit non-PoE ports which are normally used to link the NVR to the Power over Ethernet switch. IEEE802.3af standard PoE data and power transmission distance 100meters. Output power 15.4 Watts for each port. Built-in power. size 140 x 91 x 28mm.
8 Port POE Switch for IP cameras – Features
- 8 PoE ports – 100Mbps, 15.4 watts
- 2 Uplink ports – 1Gabit
- Extended range mode up to 250m
- IEEE802.3af/at power
- Builtin in power supply
What is PoE switch – Power over Ethernet?
Power over Ethernet – POE is a technology that lets network cables carry safe low voltage which is normally 48VDC power.
For example, an IP digital security camera normally requires two connections to be made when it is installed:
- A network connection, in order to be able to communicate with video recording and display equipment
- A power connection, to deliver the 12VDC power to the camera that’s needed to operate
However, if the camera is POE-enabled, only the network connection needs to be made, as it will receive its electrical power from this cable as well. Nearly all of our IP cameras are PoE enabled which the exception of some PTZ cameras.
Devices that use Power over Ethernet
POE has many applications, but the three key areas are:
- IP cameras– POE is now standard on networked surveillance cameras, where it enables fast deployment and easy repositioning
- VoIP phones– the original POE application. Using POE means phones have a single connection to a wall socket and can be remotely powered down, just like with the older analogue systems.
- Wireless – WIFI and Bluetooth APs and RFID readers are commonly PoE-compatible, to allow remote location away from AC outlets, and relocation following site surveys.