FREEIP Registration & Setup
All TVision DVRs and XVRs have P2P self-tunneling capabilities which means the recorders will connect to the remote viewing servers without any intervention from the installer as long as there is an internet connection. The process below shows how to setup/check your recorders and mobile phone to allow remote viewing.
- Unpack your recorder and ensure your network cable is plugged into the LAN port of the recorder & your router before powering up. We recommend placing the recorder near the router at this stage. Use a ready-made network cable or a cable which has been tested. Do not use a wireless home plug or other wireless units at this stage.
- Power up your CCTV recorder and Right click to bring up the sign in screen. Key in the password which is 12345 by default. You MUST CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD ONCE THE RECORDER IS FULLY INSTALLED.
- Right Click to bring up MENU > CONFIGURATION> NETWORK>P2P
- If P2P shows a status as online then your recorder is communicating with the internet and you are ready to setup FREEIP APP on your mobile device or PC. If P2P status is offline then check the network cable which connects the recorder to your router. Use a laptop in place of the recorder to see if you can access the internet. Remember to switch off the Wi-Fi on the laptop. If P2P status is still offline then please read “ TVision & Qtron Remote viewing troubleshooting.”
There are 2 apps , the correct one depends on the firmware version of your recorder. To find out which app to use , check the MENU > CONFIGURATION> NETWORK>P2P menu . If “FREEIP” is shown in the top righthand corner – use FREEIP APP and if “BITVISION ” is shown then use BITVISION APP.
Using your mobile phone, go to the app store or play store and download an app ..
- Once downloaded, start the APP and click the 3 lines at the top left corner of the phone menu.
- Select S/N login on your mobile
- On the next screen click the small square next to “serial number” and scan the QR code which is on the screen of the recorder with your phone. You can also key in the serial number of the XVR if you wish. See step 3 to find the serial number and QR code.
- You can now view your XVR locally and remotely
- Create an Account
- If you have more than one XVR then its advisable to create an account so all your recorders can be viewed with one login. From the FREEIP/BITVISION main menu on your phone, click “Please login first” at the top of the screen.
- Click “register” on phone and your email address and password you would like for this account.
- Once your account is created, you can add more recorders by going to the “device “ menu.